Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Distracted


There must be some weird trine happening, I have been extremely distracted the last few days.

I got an email this morning from a friend back east asking me about Tofino BC. Had I been there? I have. Mark and I went there for our honeymoon in 2004. It was beyond perfect. I dipped into my wedding pictures file to send some of the ones I took during our visit there and in my search I came across these little gems. It really took me back to that evening in July. Pearl was so excited about the wedding but somehow the whole thing was overwhelming to her (it was to me too). I had asked my sister to keep a close eye on her but Pearl is a loyalist at heart and she just really needed my attention. So here we are having a little hug to help sort her out. Looking at her little face and the position of her small hands on my shoulders, she looks so concerned it melts my heart.

Here's another one of me talking to her while Mark stands patiently by.


Pearl was not quite 6 when we got married and she must have been a little worried about what might change in our lives. She turns 12 this summer and it's hard to believe how fast the time has passed, it feel like a dream on days like today. She is such an amazing person and we are having a great time growing up with her.

1 comment:

sydneypaige said...

These pictures are so touching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It