Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Starting Anew Again

Two weeks since my last entry. Sad. I blame the IRS. I fell into a brief funk around Easter but managed to rally during the second half of spring break. Strangely it felt good to be back at my desk crunching the numbers from 2009. I enjoy reliving the past year, transaction by transaction. I have sorted the paper, added up the numbers, ground my teeth. In between I found myself doing other things. On Sunday and Monday I sewed a pair of pants, the fabric for these pants was purchased well over a year ago. Loose ends now tied. Today I roto-tilled the garden. Mark offered to do it, sighting my need to work but I said no way. I wanted to do it, I needed to do it. I was supposed to be designing a decal for a racing car but I wasn't ready for that so the tilling got done instead. Tax season is like the real start of the year. It's a new chance for me to change the way I do things, pay myself first, deal with the mail, all the mail. Face up to the realities of my adult life and feel good about doing it instead of shitty because I am this age and I didn't do what I should have done when it really mattered, compound interest, retirement savings, blah blah blah. It's all in the accountants hands now but it's entirely up to me to change things for next year and maybe I'll do it this time and it will be the start of something good. Maybe, lets hope. In the meantime I am going to plant some pumpkin seeds and make a pair of flannel boxer shorts for myself, because I can now that the taxes are done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It