Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Mark and his mom, Barbara Calvert Seifred

So I imagined I would have tons of great sunny pictures from our trip into Vancouver. The sun was replaced by fog the closer we got to the Fraser. In fact, on the approach to the Port Mann Bridge we could not even see the behemoth orange bridge. The fog was thick and silky gray. We went to my dads for a bit and eventually went out to lunch but their collective mood was not great. He had an infected tooth and she was concerned about the dog (8 month old Cocker) needing longer walks and wondering how to go about that. My dad just turned 83, I brought him a bottle of organic wine and Leonard Cohen CD and suggested he drink all the wine and then put on the CD. I think I need to get together on my own with him and really have a serious chat.

We had a nice dinner with Mark's mom in her cozy pad. It's the first time we have had a meal there since she moved in. I felt relaxed and happy to be in her space.

Now it is time to switch gears altogether, pack up my shit and head back to my parallel life. All in all a very nice weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It