Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Great Falls, here we come!

So the much anticipated trip to Montana is just around the corner. We leave friday morning bright and early with our friends, writers Stephen Howie and Maria McLeod. We are driving the Mercedes for this one as the stereo in my car is toast and we would have to take out a small loan to buy gas for the Starfire. It will be a gut wrenching 12 hours to Great Falls. I've got new knitting needles and I am looking forward to non stop chatting with Maria in the back seat.

We were invited to celebrate last call at the Sip and Dip Lounge by my old friend Jack Tielman who, in his wandering days as a collector of rare vinyl stumbled across this shrine of Tiki culture in the high plains. For years he invited me to gatherings there but I was never able to make it. When I got his email this year announcing Last Call, I decided I just had to go. Mark was up for it as he is a Tiki culture enthusiast and I have never seen him turn down a cocktail served in a fishbowl. Maria and Stephen were in shortly there after and the die was cast.

Stay tuned for updates as we go along. Not sure if I can blog as we go, but I can certainly twitter. Pearl was a bit choked that she could not come and even offered to just hang out in our hotel room while we got polluted in the bar. What a considerate soul she is.

_

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It