Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Be prolific

This is my mantra. Too much of my time is spent second guessing, readjusting, holding dear and it all stops me. Failure is of course the big fear but it occurs to me when I am feeling powerful that making more stuff speeds the rate of failure and clears the way for success, whatever that is.

Yesterday I cut fabric for a garment before coming out to my office. I felt a little cheeky doing it and it made me think about how I prioritize all the things I do in a day. On a scale of 1 to 10, work is a 1, bathing gets a 10 and being creative is somewhere in the 9s. Why the hell is that. Shouldn't my creative pursuits be first? Please discuss.

2 comments:

Cupcake Murphy said...

The other day I sat down to write but then I decided that swiffering the entire house was the most important thing in the world.

sydneypaige said...

I am, this very moment, putting off my knitting to read email and blogs and twitters and facebooks and pinterests and, and, and I will never get to my knitting. I think I will take this post as a sign from the universe. I am closing my laptop right.... now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It