Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dreamy

I slept for too long last night. This morning I woke up around 6am and then went back to sleep for another hour. In that hour or maybe it was just a few minutes I dreamed I was at some far off space camp run by Arnold Schwarzenegger which morphed into one with the Obamas. They seemed to be in the white house although the election was not over yet. Barauck was in bed and I was sitting on the end of the bed drinking in the greatness of this upstart when Michelle came over and sat down. I noticed Baraucks feet were bare and he was being a bit wiggly and silly so I suggested to Michelle that we spill some cold water on his toes. She giggled and we searched around under the covers for his missing foot. Eventually there was a photo op and we all stood together but not until Michelle had adjusted one of her shoes which had developed a tear. As she bent down I noticed how thin all of their ankles were, His almost thinner than hers. The picture was taken and I ambled off into the crowd thinking, wow I am now one of those regular people getting caught up in all this excitement. I went back to the kitchen in search of something to drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you always have such interesting dreams. I looked up the symbolism of the "foot" and it said, "general direction and approach". I wonder if you and Michelle ever found his missing foot. It is interesting too that their ankles were so thin. Ankles were "support and direction" and also "personal flexibility". The thing I wonder sometimes about the dream dictionary is, do we all have all of that stuff in our heads already, kind of an agreed upon shared symbolism of objects, or is it only when you look them up in retrospect and they make some sense that you give them any weight? Anyways, it is exciting, and I hope the Obamas know that they have my complete ankles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It