Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Winter Contemplative


The studio below freezing.


Tracks and shadows.


Tracks and shadows.


Flowering currant prunings.


Moss and snow, flat light.


Snow erosion.


Ditch melt.

I am working hard. Sticking to routine and watching the mad parade of life as it passes around me. It's been snowy for what seems like forever and I have been fascinated by changes in the light conditions that accompany it. The thick cloud to no cloud and low sun getting higher. The snow is such a material change, sometime in February I wrote in my journal that I was distracted by the snow. The sparkle of it. It's a mercy in the winter around here because of the added reflected light, even on a dull day there are the most interesting light effects in the presence of snow. It's all melting now and getting worn away day after day as the temperatures rise and fall.

An artist I know began posting what she called snow drawings and that encouraged me to share the photos I had been taking of the changes in the snow and the "drawings" that are created.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It